Is this your first time attending a WordCamp? Or perhaps you’d just like a refresher of how to get the most out of your day. Here are some tips to follow.
- Get here! Use this map to get an idea of the location of lunch spots and the afterparty. The parking lot across from the Harbert Center on Richard Arrington, Jr. Blvd. and 4th Avenue North will be free for WordCamp attendees.
- Keep track of your badge. It is your admission to Harbert Center activities and may contain coupons and your food tickets! We like to recycle the lanyards, so once the day is over, drop it off at the swag table.
- Follow and use the #wpyall hashtag on Twitter. A lot of attendees will post quotes they like, photos and other fun stuff. The WordCamp Birmingham Twitter feed will also use this hashtag for important updates. The best way to keep track is to use a program like Hootsuite, Tweetchat or TChat.io.
- Follow @wordcampbham on Twitter. We will post updates and maybe even share some of your Tweets! If you post to other social media websites, such as Facebook or Instagram, feel free to use #wpyall as well.
- Stay on track. You’ll notice the schedule runs in three columns: the first for the user/blogger, the second for a business or designer, and the third for developer. Essentially that’s beginner, intermediate and advanced! Feel free to use one track or mix and match.
- Check on the workshops! We filled up all of our seats for our first-ever workshops on SEO, blogging and beginners. But check with instructors on Saturday. There may be open seats available.
- Don’t forget about the afterparty! This year’s will be at Rojo starting at 7 p.m.
We are so excited and cannot wait for WordCamp to begin.